2007-10-12

ROCK ON!

I'm ecstatic. My heart was seriously overflowing today after school. Zachary got off the school bus like most any other day. Except today it was different.

Today he was excited to tell me about his school day.

Normally, I have to pry information out of him. *I* have to be the one to open his backpack and get out his work and notes (98% of the time bad. Well, make that 99%) and today he was opening his backpack before we hit the doorway.

He had something to show me.

A note from his teacher. It had to be good because he was excited and yet I was still filled with dread.

Zach- EXCELLENT day! On target all morning. Complained of being cold and hungry. Have a great weekend!

My heart soared. I'm still soaring. He wasn't falling asleep on the bus. He wasn't falling asleep at home (until later this afternoon anyway). He was listening and doing as asked the first (or maybe 2nd) time. He wasn't bouncing off the walls. He wasn't flipping all around on the furniture.

I asked him how he felt and he answered "happy". (I almost cried). I asked why. "Because my friends at school today, they played with me".

Do you know how long I've been waiting to hear this? A long freaking time.

If this is what "normal" is...I wish we could have found help a long time ago. I kept looking at him today and just wanted to hold him forever. My little boy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! That is such good news, Lisa!! I'm soooo happy for you, and for Zachary! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I surely have saw big change in your eyes and your mood when you got here at work today. I meant to tell you that. I am glad to see that things are going better and hope it will stay that way.. Thinking of you as always.. XOXO Amanda

Anonymous said...

oh that's so wonderful!!! I'm so happy for both of you!

Author said...

Rock the fuck on!!! I am so happy for you guys...

Now, if you could get the teacher to stop calling him Zach....ick!

 

The Insider | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates