According to all accounts from some mothers, I should be in jail for child endangerment.
This is all based on the assumption that these things are severely endangering your child:
1. Leaving your children in the car within sight a very short distance away for less then 5 minutes, locked, in a small sleepy town.
2. Allowing children to be babysat by a teenage couple.
3. Allow said teenage couple, or any teenager, or any person not the parents, to drive my children in a vehicle.
4. Allowing children to stay a 24 hour period with anyone other than mom or dad.
5. Allowing the older children to play outside, without the parent being there, in a sleepy little town, in a fenced in backyard.
6. Allowing the older children to cross our road (that like 2 cars an hour may go down) to get the mail. While being watched out the window or from the front yard.
7. Considering sending my children to camp overnight before they are 18.
8. Allowing the children to use the stove (supervised) or the microwave (unsupervised).
9. Allowing a young child to test their boundaries in a indoor playground by trying out the "big kid" tubes.
10. Allowing a toddler to walk down the steps by themselves without sitting on their butt.
But, sorry I don't feel that any of them are severely endangering my children. I think some of it is allowing them to grow up. I think some of them are teaching them how to be self-sufficient. I think some of them are giving them some respect for their abilities.
And to threaten to call the cops on me? And then suggest that I would leave a 3 and 5 year old ALONE at the house, for any amount of time, is offensive.
I love my children. I do what I feel is best for them in all circumstances. And I'm sorry you don't agree. But I don't agree with things in others lives, either.
So unless you see me beating my child down with a club, stay the hell out of how I raise my kids.
2 hours ago