2006-02-15

My Valentine's Day Present

I got home to find a dozen yellow, red-tipped roses. I LOVE yellow roses and these were beautiful. Plus, I got a huge size candy bar of Cadbury Fruit and Nut (I fell in love with these when I was preggo in London and no one over here carries them until like a week ago). And I got this homemade card. Now, people probably wonder why I'm posting this when it's kinda personal, but I re-read my blog and I want to keep his words where I can read them when I need to.

The Road Not Taken
Two Roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And look down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Has worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodeen black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged ina wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost
Leaves of Autumn was a major theme at our wedding. When you think about most people would associate them with an ending, poets often use them to symbolize loss or sorrow, not a beginning. So I will have to remake the symbolism to fit my own need. I like to think that they stand for longevity or in this work by Frost for discovery. Many people at first did not want us to take this path. I am glad I did. I do not regret it. Though sometimes the path is steep and rocky and hard to travel, you came with ma and are there to help me and I you. There are also time when the path is smooth and level and a joy to travel. But always it is marked by "leaves no step had trodden black". I don't know where the path goes or what we'll find at the end but I want to find out with you. So come with me and travel this road marked with leaves beginning to end and we'll see whats around the next bend. I for one am glad I took the road less traveled. Will you trod a few leaves black with me a litle longer? CDL 2/14/06
Along with this card, I got 12 silver oak leaf napkin holders that are beautiful and will match our china pattern wonderfully. I love my husband. I wish he wouldn't have had to work last night.

3 comments:

Angella said...

What a great hubby!

Christi said...

OMG, I am sooooooo not happy! I have your blog bookmarked and I always go through everyone's bookmarked blogs. I kept coming to yours but the last post was January 29. I just thought you hadn't written anything in a while. Now I just went to your profile after you left the message on mine and I see there are MANY posts I've missed out on! Dangit! This does not make me happy. Why would it do that? Oh well, looks like I have plenty to catch up on!

Christi said...

Wow! How beautiful! I wish my husband would come up with something just as nice. He reads all the time so you would think he could come up with something!

*Just out of curiousity, where did you get the fruit and nut bar? We have them here!*

 

The Insider | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates