2006-06-29

My sweet-a-holic

You'd think I NEVER let Lucas have sweets. Which totally isn't the case...we just don't eat them all the time.

For Easter, my aunt and uncle bought us a 4 lb bag of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. I love Jelly Belly's and we still have quite a few left!!!

One thing I've learned about Lucas is it doesn't matter where I put the jelly beans, he WILL find them and EAT them! Yesterday, I took them from one high shelf and put them on another high shelf. I was sitting here reading my mom's board and heard Lucas scrapping one of the kitchen chairs across the floor...really working hard at moving it INTO the living room. Sure enough he had refound the jelly beans, used the chair to climb up and get them and was happily snacking on a handful.

*sigh* The joys of raising my monkeys. That's what this blog should be called...My life and my monkeys!

And...if he can't find the jelly beans? The candle will work just as well. Nope, he doesn't eat wax, he's much smarter than that! For Valentine's Day, the boys and I made a candle for daddy with those little conversation candy hearts on it. If Lucas is feeling his sweet attacks come on and can't find the jelly beans, he'll sit down and start peeling those little hearts off of the jar and eating them. That jar is missing A LOT of candy hearts now.

If you ever come to my house, or see my boys, don't leave your candy laying around. It just may not be there when you come back :)

1 comment:

the mystic said...

oh Lisa, everyone I know assumes I am some head case lunatic who doesn't let her kid have sugar because my kid is OBSESSED with it. And it's not my fault, he gets to have sugar all the time. I don't get it. But then, I'm a little obsessed with it myself and I can obviously have it whenever I want so...

 

The Insider | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates