2007-11-01

First Day of NaBloPoMo

I will probably write more opinion posts this month that I'm sure no one will want to hear, but at least you'll stop hearing about my kids, right?

I was thinking about what to write for the month today while I was showering. I do all my best thinking in the shower. I think it's because it's the one time of the day where there isn't kids around bugging me (usually) and it's quiet and relaxing. Anyway, I digress.

I was thinking about how I usually only write about my kids or parental type opinions. Do I have interests in ANYTHING not kid-related? I have some major issues with people in America feeling such a sense of entitlement (I'll elaborate on that, I guarantee) but some of that goes back to my kids or raising kids too.

So this month I'm going to try to branch out and not just write stories about the kids. I'm going to spout off some rhetoric too and maybe discuss some news stories that have me worked up. I'd also like to start paying more attention to the news around me in order to be more fully up-to-date and knowledgeable for discussion matter when Chuck and I have our date later this month. We already have set our date and time and I'm looking forward to it already. I think by having some adult time and disussing things that aren't related to our kids for a change, we'll be able to feel more like people and not just mom and dad.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Oh no, I'm going to have to disagree with you all this month it seems.

Lisa said...

HA!
Don't even get me started on the rhetoric you tend to spout off. I choose not to post on those because I know I'd probably get flamed on the liberal artichoke. LOL

Author said...

I had the same epiphany. Looks like we are in for some great reads!!

Ranni said...

I've found that when I do opinion pieces, I get fewer readers. Funny thing is that people tell me that's what I should do more of. Weird.

Archive

 

The Insider | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates